Translate

Monday 2 September 2013

Rustling in the leaves...

Aren't watercolours just delightful?

I simply used a downloaded photo that I really liked and outlined the facial features and leaves in pencil. I actually took a bit of time on this stage, to be sure I was happy with the kitten's expression, as I kept coming up with an endless variety of naughty faces! The kitty in the photo actually looked a little scared and vulnerable - but that is the beauty of interpreting an image in your own way. Every person will produce something quite unique from anyone else, and which only that person can put onto paper.


Rustling in the leaves - watercolour acrylics


4 comments:

  1. Aww - you guys needs to gets a kitty Ems...really suits the Mr & Mrs Jonan Grobler image ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Such great expression in the kittens face, something I find very hard to create in a drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bev! You're an artist I look up to - I'll get there one day I guess!!

    ReplyDelete