Translate

Sunday 10 August 2014

Portrait doodle...

I somewhat sneakily saved a friend's photo off Facebook, for a rainy day when my fingers itched to draw something doodlish and I had the time...

So, the rainy day came, and I sketched out the features in pencil, dabbed with the putty rubber to lighten, and traced over with brown pen. I wanted a more bold, conceptual feel to the drawing, so I used heavy contrast (ie. a large dark area with no detail, and then a very "lit" area for the focus point). Then I thought some colours would spice it up nicely, which I think did the trick on her right shoulder.

What I loved about this girl's face is the purpose in her expression, something soft yet strong. But most of all - the hair! You've got to love such naturally expressive hair... :-) So cool...















No comments:

Post a Comment