Translate

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Beyond known science...

Recently we watched the latest Christopher Nolan movie, Interstellar. Quite a thought-provoker, and some of it a little beyond my mental grasp, the film deeply inspired me with its otherwordly scenes.

One that stood out to me in particular, was near the end where the main character seems to have entered a fourth/fifth timeless dimension, and is attempting to communicate by gravity to his daughter who is in actual earth time. He finds himself behind an infinite replication of his daughter's bookshelf, and uses the books to send her messages that will impact future human civilisation.

I just had to draw this, it was such a fascinating scene, especially as he sees her on the other side, distressed and confused at how things has turned out (I'm trying not give too many spoilers!), yet he cannot make himself heard to her.




Do you think the spaceman looks like Matthew McConaughey? As distinctive as his features are in all the photos I could find, I spent a lot of time erasing and tweaking, and still it did not seem to quite match! Let me know what you think.

I will be framing this piece shortly, and post a photo of it in its final "housing" here soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment